Reshaping a Brand into a Respected Industry Leader.Security threats have been steadily increasing in frequency and severity, and businesses across industries are realizing the higher level of risk. DirectDefense operates at the forefront of information security,...
We need someone to fill in the _______. We’re looking for a content specialist – in a nutshell, someone who loves writing. You know–the type who corrects their friends’ grammar, has an eye for detail, and knows that all good writing has its roots in good research.
The ideal candidate understands what content writing for digital marketing entails, can adapt to a fast-paced environment and easily switch gears to work on different tasks for different clients during the course of a day.
- Researching various industry topics to inform content generation for our diverse clients (inclusive of stakeholder interviews).
- Conducting keyword research and providing insights to guide SEO strategies for client content.
- Producing clear, well-written digital and print marketing content for a variety of client deliverables, including website copy, advertising, blog posts, long-form content (think: white papers), collateral such as flyers and brochures, and social media content.
- Ideating new content topics and formats to help our clients remain relevant and competitive.
- Understanding and adhering to each client’s brand messaging guidelines, especially voice and tone, to ensure all content is consistent and on-brand.
- Proofreading content for spelling, grammar, and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Using social media to conduct and monitor campaigns and create and promote content for the Fishnet brand.
- Coordinating with the design team when necessary to guide content formats and layout.
- 3-5 years experience as a content writer, copywriter or similar role within a marketing context. Agency experience preferred. Journalism experience is a plus.
- Experience conducting research through multiple sources and using those findings to generate quality, informative content.
- Ability to deliver quality content that appeals to the unique target audiences specific to each of our clients.
- An appreciation for and understanding of how content and visual design work together, and the ability to collaborate with the design team to that end.
- Ability to make decisions, take action and meet deadlines and project expectations without hand-holding.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure deadlines and budget expectations are met.
- Portfolio of published content.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, digital marketing or advertising.
In this role, you would report to our director of content strategy. Fishnet embraces a creative, collaborative culture and encourages employees to take ownership of their work and provides ample opportunity to be involved in work that may fall outside of your direct role.
This is not an entry-level position. We’re looking for someone ready to hit the ground running with strong, impactful work experience. This is a full-time position; applicants must live in, or be willing to commute to, the Portsmouth, NH area.
Fishnet offers a supportive, fun atmosphere of friendly creatives in downtown Portsmouth. We’re surrounded by coffee places, so staying awake is never an issue, which is great because we have a lot going on. We’re looking for our new content specialist to hit the ground running in support of the multiple digital marketing content strategies we’re deploying for our clients. If you’re a friendly, driven, creative people-person, and this job description sounds perfect for you, we’d love to hear from you.